Thermal EMMI (InSb)
What we can do
- Detect the defect caused short-circuits inside IC packaging as well as sole die.
- Current Leakage of dielectric layer (e.g.SiO2).
- Current Leakage in transistors and diodes.
- Metal circuit defects and short-circuits in TFT LCD Panel & PCB/PCBA.
- ESD latch-up.
- Estimation the depth of the defect in 3D packaging (stacked die).
- Defect positioning detection over non-decapped ICs
- Failure analysis over low impedance short circuit (<10ohm)
What is Thermal EMMI
Thermal EMMI uses detector made of InSb to receive thermal radiation generated by a defective point after power-on, therefore positioning the defect; or, even estimating the depth of defect via time difference of thermal radiation transmission.
The Superiority Of LF
- Semi-automation machine results in rapid failure analysis.
- Clear image and reference coordinates of defect position, providing accurate physical failure analysis.
- Depth estimation of 3D packaging (stacked die) defects.
IC Top Marking is seen clearly at low level of magnification.
- IC semiconductor industry
- TFT LCD panel industry
- PCB/PCBA industry
Effect of doping on transmission through silicon:
transmission for 100um SI and different doping levels