Scanning Acoustic Tomography (SAT)
What we can do
Ultrasonic SAT is designed to detect flaws in IC molding including delamination, cracks, voids and bonding status at different locations.
What is sAT?
Scanning Acoustic Tomography (SAT), also called Scanning Acoustic Microscope (SAM), is a method for analyzing materials by measuring the reflecting speed and energy of an ultrasonic wave which is transmitted through the material of a certain thickness.
Different probe heads are used for different samples. LF has the most comprehensive combination of probe heads in Taiwan, from low frequency 15Mhz to high frequency 110Mhz probes, and even up to ultra-high frequency 230Mhz probes, in order to fulfill chip inspection requirements of different packaging types.
C-scan (2D reflective plane detection) Through-scan detection
Different probe heads are used for different samples
- 15 Mhz – DIP , PLCC , TO, QFP
- 25 Mhz – DIP , PLCC , TO, QFP
- 30 Mhz – BGA , SOP8 , QFP , SOT223 , TO252
- 35 Mhz – BGA , SOP8 , QFP , SOT223 , TO252
- 50 Mhz – QFN , TQFP, DFN, BGA
- 75 Mhz – TSSOP , Flash
- 100 Mhz – Wafer , Flip Chip
- 110 Mhz – Wafer , Flip Chip
- 120 Mhz – Wafer , Flip Chip , WLCSP
- 180 Mhz – Wafer , Flip Chip , WLCSP
- 230 Mhz – WLCSP , 3D IC
- UHF – CMOS , WLCSP